sample rate of ogg and flac files

I've got some flac files that are at high sample rates (96000 Hz and
192000 Hz).  My Sansa Clip+ won't play them.  When I encode them to ogg
vorbis, the Clip+ still won't play them unless I resample them.  I
resampled to 44100 Hz and that worked, but I don't know if the actual
limit is higher than that.

Would it be a good idea to include this type of information in the
media-player-info files?  Then Rhythmbox, etc. could possibly resample
my files when I add them to my player.  Rhythmbox currently uses the
media-player-info files to know what formats my player supports, and
will transcode my music files when I add them to my player, if necessary.

I'm thinking of filing a wishlist bug to media-player-info, but I'd like
to hear if anyone's got a better suggestion.

-Rob