OT: How to share the Internet with Linux and an iPad by Wi-Fi?

On Sun, 2012-02-19 at 16:58 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2012-02-18, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >
> > OT:
> > I didn't buy, but won an iPad 2. Beside all that flashy crap it can do
> > amazing things, of cause not usable with Linux, but for Mac and Windows
> > there are e.g. amazing apps that can be used with Mac and Windows DAWs.
>
> Careful you don't slip down into Hades, a gated community whose gate is
> never locked, along with Virgil and his gang.
>
> It's Hell getting back out again!

Since my status switched from jobless to employment and my new Linux
installs come up with tons of issues OOTB, I contemplate to buy a
Windows. Since around a month I already run a Windows in VirtualBox on
my Arch Linux install.

My workflow already is broken, since GNOME2 is dropped, by hook or by
crook I need to change my workflow.

I never would leave Linux, but indeed I don't have the time to fix all
issues caused by a new trend, resp. policy of Linux, e.g. dropping a
working graphics driver and using an experimental driver as replacement.
Current crackerjack on my machine is no audio out for my HDSPe AIO with
the latest audio distro I installed some days ago. Pulseaudio already is
removed, but it anyway doesn't work.

Perhaps I add a Windows to my machine.

And really, while the policy of Apple is a crime, the abilities of the
iPad are terrific.

Since I'm a musician I suspect that I have to go to Hades.

Regards,
Orpheus aka Ralf

PS: I don't care for Eurydice, I'm a lone wolf. Orpheus get back from
Hades, Eurydice didn't.