Re: Daily built Debian Installer cd kept asking for stable dists.

I've had situations where the daily builds have thrown a media change
message and asked for the disk that was already being used to install
the system to be put into the machine.  Unfortunately, the drive door is
locked and the media change dialog only respects alt-fx alt-f2 ... and
ejecting the disk and replacing it and doing alt-f1 and hitting enter
leaves the system in a closed loop.  One might be forgiven if they
thought Microsoft paid crackers had gotten to the code and broken it if
they didn't know any better.

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Du, 19 feb 12, 12:00:19, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 February 2012 10:54:17 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the only image that works when booted from the target media is
> > > the mini.iso (GTK or not), but you need a reasonably good internet
> > > connection because even parts of the installer are downloaded.
> >
> > Netinstall works out of a usb stick
>
> All (reasonably current) images work from an USB stick, but AFAIR
> not from the *target* media (== the media the system will be installed
> *to*, not *from*).
>
> Hope this explains,
> Andrei

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>