Re: How to keep track of files installed from sources?

Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want to install GNUstep from sources on my Debian GNU/Linux SID
>sytem.
>
>How can I know where come installed files after I did run:
>./configure && make && sudo -E make install
>
>commands?
>
>this is important if I decide later to uninstall files installed from
>sources.

You can very often configure the location where you want to install
files via an option to the ./configure command.

You might also want to have a look at the checkinstall package, which
creates a .deb file from such source files :)

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Machine-Independent, adj.: