Re: Since I've installed Firefox in ~, every update results in a reset

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>Quite everything is in the title. I'm running Debian Lenny (yes, I
>know, time to switch..., but haven't had time yet), and I precedently
>installed Firefox in ~/ for various reasons.
>The problem is not here. The problem is that every time an update is
>done, or even quite often (I don't know if each time this happens this
>is an update as it would mean updates are very frequent!) the Firefox
>starts as if it was installed for the first time (e.g. no history, no
>bookmarks, etc.), except that
>1) my plugins/add-ons are still recognized and used,
>2) my default webpage (start page) is still OK.

Firefox can be configured to forget history (and maybe bookmarks?) on
exit. Maybe you did configure it this way?

Best regards,

What we Are is God's gift to us.
What we Become is our gift to God.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4
http://chubig.net/ http://nightfall.org