Re: Downgrading?

It can be done, but your package lists will get cabbaged. I did it on
a workstation once, and within a year, the machine was
unmaintainable...Especially when upgrading to the new stable (e.g.
lenny to squeeze). It had all sorts of extra hoops to jump through...

Having done it, I would concur with those that say back up and do a
fresh install.

--b