Re: ipw2100 firmware issues of random network connection lost.

El 2012-02-03 a las 16:18 -0500, Daryl escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 06:09:32 -0500, Daryl wrote:
> >
> > > I'm currently running debian unstable, but have tried stable as well to
> > > try and narrow down my issue.  As of current when I'm connected to my
> > > lan my network card works properly for a while then will drop out.  The
> > > card I'm using uses the the ipw2100 firmware which from researching a
> > > bit has firmware failures and requires the kernel module be unloaded and
> > > loaded again to reset it to get it work again.  Just wondering if anyone
> > > might have ran into this same problem and found a work around or fix for
> > > this problem.
> >
> > Have you tried with different firmware versions? If you find an older
> > version keeps the link stable, you can report a bug against the new
> > firmware.

> I'm kinda new to the kernel module world, would I use backports to get the
> older version to try?

I said nothing about the kernel but the firmware package :-)

I would try to load a different firmware version (firmware-ipw2x00),
that is, is now you have 0.35, try with 0.34 or lower. The files can be
located here:

http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/firmware-ipw2x00/

If you doubt about the files to download, just ask.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón