Re: samba woes
On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 19:10:49 +0000, richard wrote:
> Naming devices like printers, which file name must match with winxp. is
> it the name of the printer as given in the driver list in win thing
> matching the name in smb,conf or the name in cups, or the name given in
> the cups descriptor ?
> Basically what must match to get a printer set up in winxp printing to a
> cups server on my Debian machine running a samba server ? Thanks
Let's see if I have understood the issue.
- The printer is physically connected to Debian
- The printer is setup with CUPS
- The printer works in Debian (is detected, configured, running and
- You want a Windows XP client to use that printer
If that's right you need nothing. I mean, really nothing, you don't even
need samba to share the printer with CUPS, just "ipp://".
This doc is very old and some steps can be now obsolete but I found it
very useful years ago and still think it is, at least for getting the big
- samba woes
- From: richard <firstname.lastname@example.org>