Re: Option 'printer-resolution' has value '(unknown IPP tag)' and cannot be edited.

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 11:57:34 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Remove any printer instance you already have configured and try by
>> adding again the printer. Use CUPS web interface better than gnome
>> printer applet.
>
> When I tried to use CUPS wed interface, the printers it detected lots
> lots, there are lots of printers in this networks with the same name and
> brand.

Yes, that's CUPS auto-detection feature. You can omit that and proceed
with manual installation.

> I only know the IP of printer. by applet can easily find the one with
> the IP.

The applet can fail, try with CUPS web interface.

>>> That's the exact post I read before posting.
>>
>> If other users have the same problem it can be a bug. Did you add your
>> findings there? The more affected users append their comments, the
>> better.
>>
> I will think about it. haha... still don't understand what's going on,
> not sure it's a bug or something I missed.

You don't need to care if it is or it is not a bug, that's up to the
developer. Your work -as a responsible user- is reporting what does not
work (or what stopped from working) and provide the logs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón