Re: Cusp finally working BUT something missing PARTLY SOLVED

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:44:18 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:

> On 01/31/2012 12:28 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> Have you considered in opening a bug report in Firefox's bugzilla?
>> Maybe they can point you to the right direction.
>>
> Prior to the following tests i tried both icewm and blackbox. The
> problem, (no Print Selection option available) remains.
>
> I have just completed a test of the following:
>
> Stable running iceweasel 3.5.16  Print Selection available YES
> Testing (upgraded from squeeze 6.0.3)  iceweasel 8.0-3b1  NO
> Testing-2 9 (from Debian testing Cut)  iceweasel 8.0-3b1  NO
> Sid ( from upgraded debian-6.0.3/wheezt/sid) iceweasel 9.0.1-1 NO
> Wheezy/Sid (from upgraded debian-6.0.3/)  iceweasel 9.0.1-1  NO
>
> Mozilla firefox  iceweasel 9.0.1-1  NO
> Mozilla Aurora  iceweasel 9.0.1 NO

How about Mozilla Firefox 10.0 on stable?

> Note:  I could not test printing on Stable due to the cup fixes for a
> USB to Parallel adapter are in Wheezy and Sid.  I did not check
> backports for the required files.
>
> It seems that the problem is upstream Mozilla code, not Debian.

I would run the upstream Firefox in your "stable" box and see how it
goes. If the "print selection" is not available, then Firefox's to blame.
If it works, we're back to the system packages.

> Hope this get fixed sooner or later but I am not holding my breath as,
> according to a Google search, this problem has been reported since 2008.

Hum... wait. I have launched my wheezy testing system (iceweasel) and the
option *is not* there and I have a fully gnome install. Curiously enough,
in lenny and upstream Firefox 10.0 it is present... this is getting weird.

Oh my... wait, wait, wait... the option *has been moved* to the "General"
tab :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón