Re: Accented Characters - How to type from standard keyboard?

On 2012-02-01, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2012 20:39:54 Kelly Clowers wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 09:29, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
>> > On 2012-01-30, ***Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:***
>> > By the way, what's a standard keyboard?  Is that a well-defined thing?
>> > Is it Ammurukin?
>
> No, she didn't.  I said nothing of the kind.  Curt on the other hand did say
> it.  (My added stars.)

No, the _OP_ said he had a standard _US_ keyboard, which doesn't have a
compose key, which is why this thread exists in the first place (that,
and the OP's shaky Google Fu).

But it's all right because all he has to do is the following (I think):

setxkbmap -rules evdev -model evdev -layout us -variant altgr-intl

and he'll have one (AltGr)  like the rest of the civilized world (the
above is superior, it seems, to the 'dead key' solution, and also to the
'Dead Sea' solution, which hasn't been tried since Moses anyway).

;-)