Re: Python

Please only post using plain text.
Use the button marked plain text on the right hand side of the zohomail
compose window (just above the message body area).

On 01/02/12 08:24, cletusjenkins wrote:
> Hello, I am interested to learn how to program in Python. What debian
> packages would I need to start coding some basic cgi in apache? Thanks.

Start with python(2.6), apache2, libapache2-mod-python, and
libapache2-mod-python-doc, after that is depends on what you want to do.

You should also give it a day or two and others will undoubtedly also
give some recommendations.

Read the fine documentation here as a start:-
http://www.modpython.org/

You'll find the following are excellent sources of documentation:-
apache.org
python.org
(they also have mailing lists)

Cheers

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/