screwed up my network starting

Feeling a bit embarrassed here. Recently I seem to screwed up my network
related stuff on my Debian Testing machine running KDE.

Earlier, my network card was being monitored by network manager.
Recently due to various changes, I had the need to give my network card
a fixed address. To do so, I took out the following line from
/etc/network/interfaces:
# The primary network interface
#allow-hotplug eth0
#NetworkManager#iface eth0 inet dhcp

And inserted the following (dhcp address is always a fixed one from the
router):
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
##iface eth0 inet static
##     address 192.168.1.139
##     network 192.168.1.0
##     netmask 255.255.255.0
##     broadcast 192.168.1.255
##     gateway 192.168.1.1
##     nameserver 208.67.222.222 208.67.220.220

Now, at various changes, e.g. when I plugin in the Tomtom usb device
(which appears at a network device(!) ), I lose dns information. I can
fix that by manually specifying the nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf, but
what I am sure is why and who erases that from the resolv.conf file.

I am running KDE. The major thing that changed is that I am now using a
different router in a shared connection (earlier, I was using my own
router running Tomato). I can get the networking to work (at least I
think so), using the following lines in interfaces:
auto eth0
# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
#NetworkManager
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Is this the right way to do so? And, how do I setup the nameservers I
should be using? How do I tell this "auto-configuration" to ignore the
dhcp nameservers and to use the ones I specify instead?

Thanks.

ever having been read.