Re: Squeeze Backports kernel with nVidia driver package

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 23:14:43 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Vi, 27 ian 12, 23:00:49, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>>
>> I don't know, I can only tell you that 2.6.29 from squeeze-backports
>> doesn't work with nvidia-glx from squeeze, you need both from
>> backports, but in the meantime 2.6.29 got replaced with 3.2 I didn't
>> get the chance to test it (3.1 is not in backports).
>
> I did now, and it works. Don't forget to install the corresponding
> headers package.

I'm sorry but I must do something wrong here and don't know what. Here's
what I did:

I have added "deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-
backports main" to my /etc/apt/sources.list and did apt-get update.
Here's my sources.list and the output of apt-get update:
http://pastebin.com/Nu2jmjvP

If I get you right I should install linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64?
But there are other packages too like linux-image-amd64 which installs
the extra package linux-image-3.1.0-0.bpo.1-amd64. Here are all the
possibilies I have:
http://pastebin.com/JqEzE780

So I already don't know which one would be the best for me.
Can you give me a link where they are described?

The main reason why I want the new kernel is inputlirc to make my remote
work.

But at the same time I'd still like to have vdpau.

So this brings me back to the nvidia package. But first I have to install
the header package of the kernel I choose to install.

But then still it won't let me install the nvidia-glx package from the
backports repos.

Here's again the output of apt-cache policy:
http://pastebin.com/qkSWJbgR

And the one from apt-cache policy nvidia-glx:
http://pastebin.com/Wrj5sxts

Best regards
Ramon