Re: Trying to build a virtual machine

James Allsopp wrote:
> I'm trying to build a virtual machine using the following command,
>
> ja@Hawaiian:~$ virt-install --connect qemu:///system -n vm10 -r 512
> --vcpus=2 --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/vm10.img,size=4 -c
> /var/lib/libvirt/images/debian-6.0.3-amd64-netinst.iso --vnc
> --noautoconsole --os-type linux --os-variant debiansqueeze
> --accelerate --network=bridge:br0 --hvm
>
> Starting install...
> Allocating 'vm10.img'                                    | 4.0 GB     00:00
> Creating domain...                                       |    0 B     00:00
>
> but it hangs here, does anyone have any advice on how to fix this, or
> what to check,

At that point I expect it should say:

  Domain installation still in progress. You can reconnect to
  the console to complete the installation process.

It does for me using that exact same command.  (shrug)  Not helpful, I
know, but it worked for me.

Using the --vnc option you are expected to then use virt-viewer to
connect to your instance and see the display of it.

  virt-viewer vm10

HTH,
Bob