Re: how to get rid of pulseaudio gracefully

On my machine, I built a dummy package called something like
pulseaudio-bogus as an empty package to simply fill the requirement. I
used equivs to do this:

 apt-get install equivs

Then create a control file called, say, pulseaudio.ctl:

Section: web
Package: pulseaudio-bogus
Provides: pulseaudio
 This package provides dpkg with the information that
 there is a sound server installed.
 .
 apps requiring pulse etc. won't bug you any more

At that point, I ran equivs-build pulseaudio.ctl, and it built,
effectively, an empty package that contained the Provides.

--b