Re: SGE (grid-engine-*) versus open grid scheduler

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM, francis picabia <fpicabia@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:08:55 -0400, francis picabia wrote:
>>
>> > Maybe this isn't the best list to discuss grid cluster software, but
>> > I'll see...
>>
>> JFYI, there is also:

> Thank you for the response.
>
> Very good to see this mailing list.
> I saw a reference at one package site to that, but thought
> perhaps it was for internal use only.  It didn't appear on a list
> of Debian mailing lists I saw.  I'll join.

I can confirm this mailing list is only for developers use.  I've queried it
and Debian developers directly and they do not answer email.

It looks like the better list is "open source grid engine users",
which is outside of Debian.

It is a strange situation when Oracle makes their free grid engine commercial,
and another company (Univa) hires the bulk of Sun's former grid engine
developers,
again selling a commercial product.  That leaves us with only the open source
alternative.  But I can't find out what Debian is doing with its
package.  I simply want
to adopt a solution with a path going into the future, what ever that
is.  I don't
want the equivalent of deploying Sun/Oracle Java JDK from Debian
package and watch
it evaporate.