debian wheezy how to configure Desktop environment/windows manager as an alternativ to Xfce4/xfwm4

Hola!

In an earlier mail I told about problems with Xfce4/xfwm4 caused by updating.

Now, I try to find out how to test alternatives, like enlightenment. I
installed enlightenment (e17)
through synaptic, but that was not enough to run it!

So how can I set up the system to have a possibulity to switch between
multiple different
windows managers, ideally, gdm3 should ask for what to use?

Any othet good ideas for replacement? What are the experiences out there?
And how could I just keep Xfce4, but change windows manager?

Kjetil

--
"If you want a picture of the future - imagine a boot stamping on the
human face - forever."

George Orwell (1984)