Re: ifstated equivalent on Linux

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> If you provide a description of what ifstated does, then someone might be
> able to suggest an alternative program (without having to go and look up
> ifstated themselves)

Sorry...

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=ifstated&sektion=8

    The ifstated daemon runs commands in response to network state changes,
     which it determines by monitoring interface link state or running
     external tests.  For example, it can be used with carp(4) to change
     running services or to ensure that carp(4) interfaces stay in sync, or
     with pf(4) to test server or link availability and modify translation or
     routing rules.  The options are as follows:

In my case i need manage a failover internet conection (actually with
debian + iproute + firehol) in Linux Wan failover is very hard to
configure and to see PF + ifstate is very very very very very very
very very simple.

Regards

--
"La Voluntad es el único motor de nuestros logros"
http://ngen.com.ar/blog