Re: grub-pc mdadm root (really Resolved)

15/01/2012 00:16, Marc Auslander wrote:
From /etc/defaults/mdadm

# INITRDSTART:
#   list of arrays (or 'all') to start automatically when the initial ramdisk
#   loads. This list *must* include the array holding your root filesystem. Use
#   'none' to prevent any array from being started from the initial ramdisk.
INITRDSTART='none'

Changing this to all (or just the root device, but I put in all) is
the correct fix.

How did I miss that for so long.  Sigh.

Thanks to all.

Just for the records, when installing on raid from the Debian installer (from my experience with wheezy), this option is set to "all" automatically, and AUTOSTART to "true".

Good you solved it.