Re: grub-pc mdadm root (Resolved?)

14/01/2012 21:42, Marc Auslander wrote:
Marc Auslander<marcausl@gmail.com>  writes:

As I reported - all the code and mdadm.conf are in it.  In the initrd
shell, if I assemble my root raid disk and exit, the boot completes
normally.

I stumbled on the initramfs scripts, held my breath and added a
local-top script which assembled my root array.  Now I boot!

So it works - but is this the right way to do it?

In an case, thanks for the help.  Knowing it could work kept me flailing.

You mean like one of those:

"$ find /etc/initramfs-tools/ -name mdadm

/etc/initramfs-tools/hooks/mdadm
/etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/mdadm"

They are coming from "/usr/share/initramfs-tools/(hooks|scripts)*"

It should have been picked up by update-initramfs.