Re: Automount

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 07:34:28PM +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:
> Christian Dysthe <cdysthe@gmail.com> writes:

> >> I have installed usbmount that automatically mount and unmount USB mass
> >> storage devices.
> >
> > Will USB mount work with a phone and MicroSD cards in the card reader on
> > the laptop? I've tested in Gnome and both mounts there.
>
> I don't have any of them so I don't know. However, you can try.

I believe either thunar or pcmanfm (graphical file managers) come with all that automount stuff preconfigured.
so you could just aptitude install pcmanfm, or something, if you want a graphical file manager to handle that.
I'm not sure what other graphical bloat they're likely to bring with them.
Thunar, iirc, is part of the XFCE desktop, but I don't think you need to install xfce to use it.
To my knowledge, they both use gtk.

tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me