Re: Vodafone Mobile Internet modem

Thanks!

Well, sometimes the modem won't get recognized at all (nothing in dmesg
or lsusb), sometimes it will be connected for a while then suddenly
disconnect. Signal strength is weaker than in Windoze (generally no 3G
in Linux). The worst is that when the disconnects happen (which is
often) I have to plug it out and back in, as NetworkManager can't
reconnect otherwise. I have also tried wvdial, but it's annoying to have
to use a different program, and the signal weakness still applies.

And I have had quite a lot of trouble to get it work at all, including
having to pull in usbmodeswitch from Wheezy.

I want a modem that will "just work"... :-)