Re: Lenny (Debian 5.0) approaching end of life
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Lenny (Debian 5.0) approaching end of life
- From: Tom H <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 06:36:04 -0500
- Message-id: <CAOdo=Sz1i+ks4WAQdRU9gY3wz4taFri832_04FOCRbPtLncS1Q@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <20120106103607.GL7036@think.nuvreauspam>
- References: <CA+AKB6ELngvZCwqY-b=PUhCF1=Kdf_NRUVvd2FhcQAovh5=__Q@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <20120106103607.GL7036@think.nuvreauspam>
On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Andrei Popescu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mi, 04 ian 12, 17:37:42, Camaleón wrote:
>> > No new Lenny updates after 6 February 2012.
>> Yes, unfortunately Debian team changed their mind at the middle of the
>> proccess. This unforeseen change forces me to keep my lenny systems until
>> wheezy is released which means having unpatched servers and workstations
>> for months ;-(
> Could you elaborate on the "change of mind"? As far as I know (but can't
> find the reference right now) oldstable is supported one year after a
> stable release or until the next release, whichever comes *first*.
+1; woody, etch, and sarge followed the same schedule.