WLAN Access Point with Intel 4965 network controller

Hi all

I'm using Squeeze with 2.6.32-5-686 and I'm trying to configure my
Thinkpad X61s to act as WLAN Access Point. It has an Intel 4965 chipset:

# lspci
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN
[Kedron] Network Connection (rev 61)

I tried to follow this guide:
http://agentoss.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/creating-a-wireless-access-point-
with-debian-linux/

I installed the packages that are described in the guide but replaced
with the appropriate firmware package:
# apt-get install firmware-iwlwifi wireless-tools hostapd bridge-utils

In my network there's a dhcp server on a different machine.
My /etc/network/interfaces looks like this: http://pastebin.com/sgzZawKu
And my /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf like this: http://pastebin.com/Gw7LGXRi

Maybe the controller can't be used in master mode? Here's the output of
# iw phy phy0 info
http://pastebin.com/LCbYFghh

It says on lines 20ff:
	Supported interface modes:
		 * IBSS
		 * managed
		 * monitor

As far as I understand this is a problem as there should also be master
listed?
Can you give me a hint on how to get this working?

Thanks in advance
Ramon