Re: PHP5 scripts not served by apache2 on Squeeze

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Avi Greenbury <lists@avi.co> wrote:
> Kristian Lampen wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a fresh install of apache2 and php on my server and I can not
>> get php to work, php-scripts are not executed by apache, just the
>> plain script is served to the browser.
>>

> By default, in /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf the required
> directives to have Apache serve PHP as you would expect are commented
> out. You need to uncomment them and restart Apache. I think they're
> quite clearly commented.

I think the correct thing to do, if I'm not mistaken, is to use
a2enmod to enable them.  There should be no need to edit any files.
Once done with a2enmod, restarting apache is necessary.

The a2enmod command creates symlinks in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled to
the relevant files (conf and load) in /etc/apache2/mods-available.

Is php5 handled differently?

--
Chris