Re: sbin

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 00:42 +0800, lina wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it safe to add /sbin into PATH?

there should be no problem, but a regular (non-root) user will not be
able to do much with it because most of those executables will at some
point require root privilege (at least that is my guess)

> Why the default path not include /sbin,

On my system (Debian wheezy) I have it on root's PATH but not on regular
user's PATH:

root@wheejy:~# echo $PATH

jmf@wheejy:~$ echo $PATH

tipically those commands are not used (not supposed to be used) by
regular users.

But I guess it won't hurt to add it to the PATH