Re: URW Bookman Font

On 12/30/2011 01:47 AM, Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 19:55:23 -0800, Joseph Loo wrote:
I have just installed Debian Squeeze. I have replaced the open office
package with Libre Office 3.4.3. I am trying to use the URW Bookman L
font. I have the bold, italic, and the bold italic. The non-bold&
non-italic are both missing.

I have TeXLive: Recommended fonts installed
As far as I know, the file that X applications need for the normal URW
Bookman L font is /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1/b018012l.pfb, which is part
of the gsfonts-x11 package. Do you have this package installed? (This
font file is actually just a symlink to the corresponding font file from
the gsfonts package; installing gsfonts-x11 should create all necessary
symlinks and configure your system such that all X applications can use
the ghostscript fonts.)

If you have gsfonts-x11 installed and you still cannot use the font then
you should check if it is listed in the fonts cache, like this:

$ fc-list | grep -i bookman
URW Bookman L:style=Demi Bold
URW Bookman L:style=Light
URW Bookman L:style=Light Italic
URW Bookman L:style=Demi Bold Italic

If you get the same output then there might be a problem with your
LibreOffice installation. Can you use the Bookman fonts in
other applications? (I use LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Sid and these fonts
work fine for me.)

I am away from my computer for a week. Will try to check on it as suggested. I found the issue with the font in LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Squeeze when I tried to set the font in writer.