Re: Generating Innovative Ideas

On 01/01/12 04:47, Don Juan wrote:
> On 12/30/2011 10:00 PM, Layna wrote:
>> ADVANCED CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
>> Thursday, 16th February 2012, 9:00am - 5:00pm, Amara Singapore

<snipped>

>> Yours sincerely,
>> Layna O. Francisco
>> Programme Coordinator
>> Fortress Stupidity Pte Ltd
>> 10 Anson Road
>> #34-11 International Plaza
>> Singapore 079903
>> Tel: (65) 6334 8311
>> Fax: (65) 6334 8511
>> www.fortressssstupidity.con.sg
>>

> Why is there so much spam like this on these boards? I belong to a few
> boards and only the Debian boards do I get spam on a daily basis being
> sent to the message boards?

Because these lists don't pre-screen posts.
Because these lists have more subscribers and re-publishers than any
other lists.
Because the people who post these messages aren't interested in
advertising to you or I - they are SEO[*1] companies looking for (and
getting[*2]) backlinks that they sell to their clients as a service that
supposedly[*3] elevates their ranking in search results.

Please don't repost their details - you only help them scam their
clients and encourage them to spam the lists. They lower the value of
the internet which is bad for everyone.

[*1]in this case - Scum of the Earth Organisations
[*2]until enough people contact Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, and others
and report them for spamming the lists. eg.:-
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreport?hl=en
[*3]until Google penalises them for spamming and link farming - by
relegating them off the first pages of search results.

Happy New Year