Re: Mainboard for Debian stable

On 2011-12-29, Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

> I want a network driver what's in Debian. In the past I had problems
> with the Realtek 8111E what is in most motherboards today (in lspci this
> is called "RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
> [10ec:8168] (rev 06)").  Does this work now with Debian 6.0.3?
> I don't find anything about it in the release notes.

The network driver does not work correctly in debian squeeze (frequent
periodic lost connections requiring restarting the network).

This has been my experience with a quite recent netinstall of squeeze.
The performance of the driver was bad enough that I felt compelled to
install the proprietary driver provided by realtek (why the hell not?),
which has functioned perfectly up till now (r8168).