Re: Getting runparts if-up.d, etc to execute

On Sunday 29 Kislev 5772 21:58:18 David Baron wrote:
> Somehow, the scripts in the if-up.d, if-down.d directories are net being
> executed. I have a farely standard interfaces for a router. What am I
> missing?
>
> # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
>
> # The loopback interface
> # automatically added when upgrading
> iface lo inet loopback
>

> iface eth2 inet static
> 	address 10.100.101.101
> 	netmask 255.255.255.0
> 	network 10.100.101.0
> 	broadcast 10.100.101.255
> 	gateway 10.100.101.1

Actually, whole business seems broken.
The above file is not really used anywhere, it seems. NO eth2 at all.
I have to rerun netcardconfig to get this back every startup, last couple of
days. After doing that and restarting tinyproxy, dovecot, etc., things work.
Otherwize, network unreachable.

If I simply run network-manager restart, I get incorrect paramters.