Re: KMenu editor not saving properly

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:26:09 +0000, Dr Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> I've been trying to delete a number of entries in the Internet
> subfolder. The menu editor records the items deleted and inserts a new
> item, but when I click on Save the program very slowly saves the menu
> according to the window showing the saving process progress. But when it
> gets to the 90% mark, it starts saving again and repeatedly does this
> without saving anything as is clear when I next click on the KLauncher
> button.
>
> What's going on?

Maybe the file that stores the KDE menu is corrupted somehow :-?

I would create a fresh-new user and try to do the same operation (menu
editing) from there. If it hangs at the same point, consider opening a
bug report (or better yet, ask first in "debian-kde" mailing list). If it
works fine, locate the offending file, make a backup and copy a new one
from the newly created user.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón