Re: nvidia card fails to see internal screen

On Sun 11 Dec 2011 at 15:13:13 +0100, Thomas Krichel wrote:

>   I am using wheezy on my laptop. It has the nvidia card. Hardly a few
>   months go by without trouble with this. I believe the touble started
>   with the recent update to 290-10 of xserver-xorg-video-nvidia
>   packaged. I don't know how to downgrade, the snapshot server seems
>   down.

You are going away, You want to see something on the screen of your
laptop. At the moment you have nothing visible and you think the nvidia
proprietry diver is playing up. It's an emergency. You don't have time
to be upgrading, downgrading or investigating what may be wrong.

Why not use the nouveau driver? It should be on your system. Does
nouveau support the adapter? Purge nvidia things from the system. Move
xorg.conf out of the way and reboot.