Re: Reboot and all I get is a grub prompt.

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 03:38:22PM +0200, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I'm bunrning a systemRescue cd now... but any suggestions will be most
> welcome.

Booting with a live CD (like systemRescue) or the standard Debian
Install CD will help.

'chroot' to the system and do an 'update-grub'.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies                            Telefoon: 021-808 4699
Databestuurder /  Data manager

Sentrum vir Navorsing oor Evaluasie, Wetenskap en Tegnologie
Centre for Research on Evaluation, Science and Technology
Universiteit Stellenbosch.

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
            Matthew 28:19,20