Re: a short cut on desktop on gnome3

On 12/02/2011 01:28 PM, Brian Flaherty wrote:
On 12/02/2011 03:03 AM, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
*Hi,
I am trying to be familiar with gnome 3,
So I installing from debian testing the gnome 3,
It seems good, but sometimes I am lost, for example, I want to put a
file on the Desktop, like drag it from the usb to the screen!! as usual,
it didn't work !!!

another case I used to add button on the bar just by clicking on the
topbar menu to add it, the right click is not working ??!!

How to enable it?? is it possible??
thanks for help*

My understanding is that by default, GNOME 3 desktop does not correspond to a directory as in previous GNOME and Mac (for example). But there's an option in gnome-tweak-tool to tell the file manager (nautilus, I assume) to manage the desktop. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it should do what you want.

If you can't put icons on your desktop, what good is the desktop? You might as well have DOS!

--doug