Re: what does the s stand for

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 03:50:55PM -0500, doug wrote:

> Tried this in pclos.  There is no chmod in the info file.
> There is also no man chmod.
> I also would like to know what the s stands for.

See my reply earlier:

The following documents may be of some help too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setuid

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jack/ifsm498d/filesystem.html

Search for the section titled "SUID, SGID, and Sticky bit file
permissions" on the second document.

Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/