Re: dbus issue

First of all, it is helpful to know if you are running (an up-to-date)
squeeze, wheezy or sid system.

On 01.12.2011 15:49, lina wrote:
> (it's related to former thread, but also different)
>
> Here the problem,
>
> gdm3 restart
>
> showed me Could not connect to system bus: failed to connect to socket
> /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: no such file or directory
>
> actually there is no /dbus directory under /var/run
>
> I checked the dbus and related libs seems installed, or might still
> lack someone,

On wheezy and sid /run is a volatile tmpfs nowadays, and /var/run and
/var/lock are symlinks pointing to /run resp. /run/lock.

What is the output of ls -l /var/run and ls -l /var/lock ?
The /var/run/dbus directory is created by the dbus init script. Do you
start dbus in /etc/rc?.d/?
ls -ls /etc/rcS.d and /etc/rc?.d  and the output of service dbus status
will be helpful, too.

universe are pointed away from Earth?