Re: Detach Icedove from xterm itself called from terminal.

> Em 01-12-2011 11:08, Chris Davies escreveu:
>> Paul Isambert<zappathustra@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> But Icedove still stays attached to the first terminal...
>>>
>> Just to check, you want to be able to start icedove from the command
>> line in (say) an xterm, but have it continue to run even when that
>> xterm is closed?

No: launch icedove from a terminal itself launched from a terminal. I
have a Lua script which calls "os.execute(<program>)", and as Clive
remarked, this calls a shell. The Lua script itself is called from a
terminal, and I would like everything to close when the program is
launched. I made the double terminal example, because that's basically
the same problem (it seems to me).

<snip>

Le 01/12/2011 16:59, Iuri Guilherme dos Santos Martins a écrit :
> Well, if you are willing to learn bash then what I would recommend is
> exactly what Chris said: you run an external script (whose first line
> would be #!/bin/bash) with the necessary commands to make exactly what
> you wanted.

Yeah, I think learning bash will be definitely simpler. But I love
Lua... and don't really want to learn a new language, even though now
that I use Debian, learning bash won't be wasting time...

Paul