Re: (SOLVED) Re: Upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze

On 12/01/11 02:55, Stephen Powell wrote:
Thu, 01 Dec 2011 03:02:02 -0500 (EST), Marc Shapiro wrote:

Google is your friend!  I don't remember exactly what my search terms
were, but the top item gave me the answer (once I read down through all
the answers that were less than useful to me, or the OP of that thread).

I have already deleted the uswsusp package, as well as
/etc/initramfs-tools/conf/resume and
/etc/initramfs-tools/conf/driver-policy (since they weren't on my system
before).  I then rebuilt the initrd and rebooted.  All is now good in
the world, at least as far as my boot and swap problems are concerned.

Well, we both learned something on this one.  Glad you got it working.
Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

You got me started in the right direction. I probably would not have known what to search for otherwise, since I was thinking it was a swap problem. Also, now I need to read several pages from your site. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who really wants to stick with lilo and not go to any form of grub.

Marc