Re: LibreOffice Base and light-weighted SQL DB

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 08:23:33 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:

>> > I'm all ears. What's your recommendation?
>>
>> That will depend on what are your expectations.
>>
>> - For a clone to MS Access (with easy wizards to make fancy reports or
>> to create forms with a few clicks...) there is Kexi, knoda or gnome-
>>db. . .

Thank you all for the comments.

I'd prefer an application based instead of web based. All that I want is
a easy data entry tool, with all the necessary gadgets, lookup, drop
down, calender, and most important, parent-child related records editing.

FYI, The most feature-rich *nix based solution I found so far is Glom,
http://www.glom.org/
but strange enough, for such powerful app, nobody cares to package its
latest version.

Still, I have to say none of the *nix based solution that I found are
even close to the easiness of MS Access.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/