Re: Is there any issue with reportbug in unstabl or bugs.debian.org?

Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Lu, 10 oct 11, 18:38:33, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > 3. Reportbug sends the bug report bug using /usr/sbin/sendmail as the
> >    MTA.  If that doesn't work then reportbug (and other commands too)
> >    will have problems.  I have no workaround to /usr/sbin/sendmail not
> >    working.  That simply must work for a healthy system.  If that is
> >    the problem then solve that problem first.
>
> Run 'reportbug --configure' and read carefully the prompts about an MTA.
> reportbug can send reports without any (potentially (mis)configured)
> local or remote SMTP server. The relevant configuration in .reportbugrc
> is:
>
> smtphost reportbug.debian.org

Good information.  Thanks for sharing it.

A possible downside to that setting is that your host will try to
connect directly to the reportbug.debian.org host on smtp port 25.  By
itself that is fine.  But many networks today block port 25 as an
anti-spam from local virus infected MS-PCs measure.  On those networks
such a setting will be blocked from connecting directly.  Blocking
port 25 outbound is becoming more and more common.

Bob