Re: Best VM for video games? or WINE? x64 system/os's

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:56:41 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Ma, 04 oct 11, 11:13:49, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> I would perform a bare install on a small partition (not VM), video
>> games need high doses of performance and they won't run as smoothly as
>> over a non-virtualized environment.
>
> Depends what your definition of "small" is

"Small", as per today hard disk size capacity standards, can be easily
set at ~100 GiB ;-)

> root@bixi:/media/xgame/home/amp/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/StarCraft
> II# du -hs 8,7G    .

Nah... That's the space for a single sized DVD DL ;-P

> I have an installation with LXDE + XMBC + a few other goodies which is
> smaller than 2G.

A bare windows install it also takes a minimal space but of course, the
games can also need a good amount of your hard disk/partition, but I
guess you can install them (the core files) into an external media and
leave the windows installation in just ~20 GiB.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón