Re: flashplugin-nonfree or mozilla-flashplugin?

07/11/2011 15:43, Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:10:13 +0000, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 10:56 -0900, Greg Madden wrote:
>>> I could be wrong :-), seems lkike the DM site upgrades versions
>>> quicker.
>>
>> I know nothing about Marillat's packages, but you have to update
>> flashplugin-nonfree manually by running:
>>
>>     update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
>>
>> The package itself is not updated for every new upstream release, but
>> the checksum it downloads and the plugin tarball is.
>
> Mmmm... then here we have the difference between these two packages: non-
> free's from Debian contains no plugin file but a script to fetch the
> library from Adobe site while D-M's does contain the ".so" file :-)
>
> Greetings,

Another difference aside from the update policy is that d-m package
ships additional files, like the "flash-player-properties" setting
panel, the kde4 systemsettings integration. All are included in the
original Adobe Flashplayer tarball, but flashplugin-nonfree only
installs the plugin.
There is a bug report requesting helper files installation, see #630223.

In the end both packages ship the same crap, only d-m one ships it in a
more polished and exhaustive way.