Re: Understanding versioning.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>It is provided to allow mistakes in the version numbers of older
>versions of a package, and also a package's previous version numbering
>schemes, to be left behind.

What does this mean? From other posts in the thread it is still not
clear to me. If You can explain, please do so.

Also what is epoch in this sense? I now time is measured in UNIX
systems since the first system ran - it's obvious - a new great OS
generation has started and till now rolls on. But what about the
package epoch they use?