Re: gnome3 now in wheezy?

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:27:01 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:49:01 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>>
>>> I was under the mistaken impression that wheezy still had a usable
>>> gnome, as opposed to sid which has "upgraded" to gnome3.
>>
>> Please, please.... don't confuse the terms :-)
>>
>> Repeat with me:
>>
>> "GNOME3 is not gnome-shell"
>>

>  From http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell
>
> GNOME Shell is the defining technology of the GNOME 3 user experience.

But they (gnome3 and gnome-shell) both are different and separate things.

GNOME2/3 are a whole DE while "gnome-panel" and "gnome-shell" are just
the UI (user interfaces), meaning that you can have GNOME3 with gnome-
panel, you are not sticked to use the new UI at all (see the fallback
mode).

I hope the concept is more clear now.

Greetings,

--