Re: Package/program popularity weblist.

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 00:27:46 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

>>> I'm looking for a Debian package/program user popularity rating list
>>> on the WWW. Can You share one w/ me/us?
>>
>>Look at "popularity-contest" package.
>
> Well, I have checked the web page of the package but did not find what
> I'm looking for - that is,
>
> Suppose, I am making my choice on a pdf viewer - the wanted info will
> give several options of the packages w/ its ratings from users, may w/
> comments, even - but not necessary.
>
> In case I missed that on
>
> http://popcon.debian.org/
>
> would give me a link to the page?

I guess Popcon is not aimed to do what you want but it provides quick
statistics for the amount of users that install/recommends a determined
package. I mean, I'm afraid you can't ask Popcon "What people is
recommending as PDF reader and why they say so?"

What I usually do in such cases (when I need feedback to select the best
application to do somehting) is asking here, in mailing lists and/or
forums.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón