Re: required ip package for debian

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 04:46:04PM +0530, Muhammad Fahad wrote:
>    Hello
>     How to install ip package for debian, apt-get install is not working
>    kindly help me to download the ip package for debian

If you are looking for the "/bin/ip" program, the package you want is
called "iproute".

You may find it useful to also install "apt-file". You can then run
"apt-file update" to update its database followed by "apt-file search
ip" to list which packages have a file containing "ip" in its name.

--
Darac Marjal