Re: wheezy after update significant slow

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> > See if you can track down the processes which are causing trouble.  That
> > will help narrow down the search.
> Henrique, I already mentioned it: It is the process "Xorg", which hangs.

Then you have to look no further than the GPU driver.  It can cause
stalls elsewhere even if OpenGL looks like it is working fine under
glxgears.

It has been already stablished that the new Xorg is not fully compatible
with the current crop of non-free GPU drivers, and it is not
unconceivable that it would also have issues with the free ones that
still need to be tracked down and fixed.

If you use an OpenGL-accelerated desktop, try disabling it.  Maybe it
will work around whatever is stalling...

Note: it _is_ possible that the problem is in the input drivers as well, but
that's less likely.

  Henrique Holschuh