Re: Audio I/O Config Help

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:14:29 -0400, scottmaccal wrote:

> I recently installed Squeeze (1 CD with no additional software) on my
> AspireOne AO722 and the audio input and ouput is totally broken.

So you hear nothing (neither from embedded speakers nor using a heaset)
and mic does not work, right?

> I ran the ALSA Information Script and it generated the following ALSA
> information:  http://pastebin.com/SK4Vjqt3 Could someone give me a
> hand/hints on creating the necessary config files to make playing and
> recording audio in GNOME possible?

Most of the audio problems get solved by setting the right card model
into ALSA module options or by re-ordering the way audio cards are
detected by the system.

I would take a look into this doc. Although is not for your exact model,
it can give you some hints for what to tweak or where to look:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcerOne#Audio

And also:

http://wiki.debian.org/ALSA#Troubleshooting

... more specifically: