Re: GRUB OR LILO?

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:08:06 +0800, wolf python london wrote:

> On 4 July 2011 21:32, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:24:38 +0000, Alex PADOLY wrote:
>>
>>>  For a server that works permanently with DEBIAN SQUEEZE, I used LILO
>>>  in kernel compilation and with and scsi isa card. Why many of LINUX
>>>  distribution choose GRUB? I don't know that I must choose.
>>
>> I can't tell for LILO but GRUB legacy (which I know better that GRUB 2)

> Hey, why not use grub2 ? it's shipped with Squeeze , Wheezy , Sid?

(...)

I did not say the opposite but I can't speak for a bootloader version
that I barely know/use.

I know (and can speak of) GRUB legacy because I've been using it since
many years and know how it works and what allows but can't say the same
for new GRUB because it's unknow to me (I can guess about its
capabilities but nothing more) :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón